Ever heard of OnePlus One? If not, know that a new super phone is in town vying for your love, and what a super phone it is. Are you kidding me with this spec sheet? It reads like nerd fan fiction, but it's real. I... the... what... I can't even.
•SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor w/2.5GHz Quad-core, Adreno 330 GPU
• RAM: 3GB LP-DDR3
• Cyanogenmod 11S; Android 4.4.2
• Storage: 16/64GB
• Screen: 5.5-inch JDI (IPS LCD) 1080p resolution with Gorilla Glass 3
• Camera: 13MP Sony Exmor sensor (f/2.0, flash, and 4K video), front-facing 5MP
• Battery: 3100mAh (non-removable)
• Weight: 162g
• Sound: Bottom-mounted stereo speakers
• Wireless: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS/GLONASS
• Size: 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm
• Cost: $299 (32BG), $349 (64GB)
The only drawback is the size...and it's a 5.5" screen beast. That's a deal breaker. My Nexus 5 is big enough and I'd never go bigger. Why do manufacturers keep insisting on making giant phones? Can't someone give me something in the 4.2"-4.6" frame with the same specs? Personal preferences aside, check out the announcement video here.